Due To COVID-19 Pandemic, All Upcoming Events Are On Hold
The competition is judged on a body of work. Photographers can submit their photographs in respective categories and all submissions must abide contest rules. We, What a Shot, support Pro-Imaging in order to protect the image rights of photographers.
Please read these rules carefully:
1.2 The competition is open to all amateur and professional Photographers.
1.3 All Entrants must be over 14.
1.4 By entering the Competition You hereby accept all Competition Rules along with Terms and Conditions.
1.5 Entries must be submitted as per the given deadlines.
2. To enter, you must upload your image via the 'What a Shot' website (www.whatashot.in) or any of the official 'What a Shot' related pages and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
2. Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 10MB. Images should be JPEG files.
3.1 Entries will be judged as per the given timelines.
3.2 A shortlist of up to ten photographers from each category will be selected and announced prior to the Awards Ceremony and the overall winners will be announced during the Ceremony as per given timeline.
3.3 There will be three finalists among all the categories.
3.4 The decision of the Judges and the 'What a Shot' team is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
3.5 You may enter a minimum of one ( 1 ) and a maximum of ten (10) images per category, and may enter as many categories as you wish, however, you cannot enter the same series or images into more than one category.
3.5.1 Judging will be based on the portfolio of work entered for each category.
4.1 The 'What a Shot' reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about you or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, including:
220.127.116.11 trademarks owned by third parties
4.1.7 No animals should be harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify the 'What a Shot' in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
5. Intentionally deleted.
6. The 'What a Shot' may run an online rating process whereby members of the public may vote for a favorite photograph in Instagram or other platforms. If there is sufficient evidence (in the What a Shot’s sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then the What a Shot has the right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries and, if necessary, award the prize to a different Entrant. The decisions of What a Shot is final.
7.1 The What a Shot recognizes You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
7.2 All Entrants understand that any image submitted to the Competition may be used by the 'What a Shot', and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the Event only. Please refer to clause 7.4. You hereby grant the 'What a Shot' a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the 'What a Shot' Event and/or Competition.
7.3 All Entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event Partners and media as per clause 7.1, 7.2 and 8. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” does not include any personal information of You the author.
7.4 The 'What a Shot' will never distribute any high-resolution files to any third party. For media purposes in accordance with clause 7.2 and to promote your winning images the 'What a Shot' will choose a maximum of three images, in low resolution, from the series entered for media use; should media require further images for publication this will be done in consultation with You.
8. Any photograph used by the 'What a Shot' shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as the 'What a Shot' uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
9. The 'What a Shot' assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, and the 'What a Shot' assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. The 'What a Shot' assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. The 'What a Shot' is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to the 'What a Shot' on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, the 'What a Shot' assumes no responsibility.
10. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
11. There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
12. Winners will be announced online.